1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1960 Jazz on Ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by codsack, May 12, 2010.

1. codsack

codsack

Mar 9, 2008
    wilmington nc
  2. dionysusolympus

dionysusolympus

Apr 13, 2010
    that is hot. pretty good shape, considering its age.

3. Oh man, I wish I could spare the cash. We're both the same age too!

4. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    You know, compared to what I've seen from vintage Fender basses as of late, that is a really good price. I'd have to sell my 87 Monte SS just to have it. Man that's sweet!!!!

5. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    The fact that the pickup wires were cut makes me nervous -- thats an old trick when a refin is done to make the solder joints appear original.

6. Addison

Addison This time, I didn't forget the gravy. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Bismarck, ND
    Yeah, no kidding.

:eyebrow:

Very odd... even more odd that the seller seems to remember everything about the bass EXCEPT for that detail.

Can anyone think of any other reason why something like that would have been done?

7. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    gorgeous bass. perfect wear and tear.

just perfect...

8. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    If someone tried to sell an Ibanez or Cort with a missing fret where "It was not set in properly at the factory, and it began popping up at the top. I fought with it for a while, but it kept getting worse until I finally had to pull it out at a gig. Never needed it or missed it, so I never replaced it" would folks think it was a well made instrument worth spending over five grand on? :bag:

9. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2005
    sure, if Elvis played it

:)

10. bassman_al

bassman_al Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Fairfax, VA USA
    Thanks for posting, very interesting stuff...

11. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I think someone would be crazy to spend that much money on an Ibanez or Cort in any case...unless it came with $4500 cash in the gig bag

The fact is (am I really going here?) vintage Fenders appreciate in $$$ and will continue to appreciate for a long long time. That's it.

Many people would spend over $5k on this bass, yes. In fact, there's probably many people that would spend over $10k on this bass...even $15k if the seller has a stubborn reserve...

12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I still prefer new stuff...but it's always cool to hear the histories. Except for the 'cut wires & stuff'.

13. D.M.N.

D.M.N. (O)))) Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    That's one of the most incredible instruments I've ever seen. Wow.

14. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    Wowy Zowy! That cat's got soul!:eek: Sweet!

Oh it's gonna sell for a lot more than the current 5200 buh' and change bid, that's on it.

15. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I'm in love! :cool:

16. It's a shame it'll probably be bought and not played.

17. markseb1

markseb1

Jul 11, 2007
    Very cool, even though I'm not a Fender guy, I'd like to have the cash to buy it. It hurts even more that it just 15 miles down the road from my home :crying:

18. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    currently at 7500 and with a missing last fret it could still go as high as 30 grand. Yeah, 30 G's. I still remember a pile of 70's JB's going for 800 at my guitar center when I was in my teens.

19. ausf

ausf

Jun 24, 2008
    New York
    If he could produce pictures on any of those guys playing it, it would be cool.

Not saying he didn't, but if say I was playing a party for U2 (yeah right) and Bono walks up and asks to play Johnny B Goode, I would hope there was a camera around.

Maybe Ike ripped the wires?

20. mccartneyman

mccartneyman

Dec 22, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Managing Editor, Bass Guitars Editor, MusicGearReview.com
    If there's Elvis DNA on it, maybe we can clone him. That'd be worth $30K.