1960 modded p bass $1300

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by gnome01, Mar 27, 2004.

1. gnome01

Oct 30, 2001
    Bronx NY, USA
    I'm looking to sell my very heavily modified 1960 fender precision bass in the NYC area. Here's the deal; it's NOT a collector, but it's a players bass in the best sense of the term. Natural blonde finish, rosewood board, Ken Smith P/J pickups, Bartolini preamp, active bass and treble controls, new pickguard (but the usual tortise shell kind), and all gold hardware! I've had this bass for a couple of years and I believe the mods were done at least 10 years ago (because nobody would do them now!). The neck and frets are in perfect shape, and the bass is light, but resonant and very easy to play. The tone is like an old p bass if you want, but obviously has more than it's fare share of flexibility. It's a great bass for someone who wants an active bass, but with that older great fender wood. Comes with non-original, not great, but usable hard case. Trades are considered for 60's to 1974 Jazz basses, or older musicmans, and will add cash for the right bass. Sorry, no pics yet, but feel free to take a look in beautiful Byram CT, 30 miles from manhattan.
  2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts