Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1960's Batman--Any Fans?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Owl, Aug 30, 2005.

1. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    [​IMG]

Anyone on here a fan of the hilarious 1960's Batman TV show?

How could you not love the hilariously bizarre villains, the incompetent police force that couldn't solve a parking ticket and the AMAZING thespian artistry of Adam West AND Burt Ward? :D

So sound off Bat-Fans, your favorite episodes, villains, moments etc?

2. imo, the only batman that mattered for close to 40 years, until this latest batman movie.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the Keaton versions, they we'ren't bad but not spectacular.

But barring that, I loved the campiness of the show as a whole...and Brendan should be along any time to drop quotes from the great Batman movie.

3. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Hah..
    What I love about Batman is that he doesn't have any super powers.. He's just rich with cool gadgets hah.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Who am I to dissapoint my fans?

"Disposing of pre-atomic submarines to persons who don't even leave their full addresses?! Good day, Admiral!"

5. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    Two words:
    [​IMG]

Julie Newmar.

Me - ow.

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I have been refuting that statment for years.

7. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I grew up as a kid watching that show, priceless. I always (back then) had a special liking for batgirl. I didn't know why then, but I sure a hell know why now. :D

8. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    Robin: "You're right Batman, we could've been killed

Batman: "Or worse-"

9. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Refute it as much as you want..
    It's true. :bag:

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The hell it is. Batman has super powers; people just don't want to admit it. Aside from being a super-bastard, he's got the power to win. "That's not a power," you tell me. I'm telling you, if talking to fish is a super power, or to merely be "super smart", the power to win is certainly a viable one. He's been in so many ludicious situations, hell, had his back broken and had a full recovery, and not so much as a limp to show for it? The man is crawling with abilities beyond that of mortal men.

Had his spine broken. Thoroughly. Yet he makes a full recovery; only people who have that up on him are the ones that die, and since death is more or less the common cold in the DC universe, it actually makes Batman even more remarkable. He tangles with aliens and supervillians without getting a scratch, or a couple of cracked ribs...no man is that good. He's got super powers.

Hell, Miller had him kick Superman's ass in The Dark Knight Returns. Other than Batman, we got Mongul, Doomsday, and maybe Paralax that can stand up to Superman. And thems ain't human. Hell, post-Moore Swamp Thing is scared of Batman. I posit, therefore, Batman is no ordinary man.

No superpowers my ass.

11. And I'm not even gay. No offense to any gay Julie Newmar fans, mind you.

12. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004

Valium. :bag:

Nah.. But you make a good point.

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I know, that's why I make it.

14. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    BIG fan here. I still have my CORGI Batmobile minus the action figures minus the missiles that shoot out the back (you can still use broken off toothpicks though.) Like the one pictured below.

I was 5 and had a cheap black dimestore mask that only covered your eyes. The only cape my mom would let me have was an old pink bath towel. Red trike did not make a good batmobile. It sucked being a caped crusader back then.

I had dirty thoughts about Julie Newmar even back then.

Attached Files:

15. She was the cause of my first "nocturnal emisssion"!!!! :D

16. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Remember this album?
    I had it...the artist is Dan & Dale AKA Sun Ra?!
    I was browsing over at www.dustygroove.com & the album popped up under Sun Ra's name.

Attached Files:

17. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I had one...my mom sez it's squirred away in the garage somewhere along with my comics & baseball cards. Hopeless; Indiana Jones had an easier time finding The Holy Grail.
    Also had the Austin Martin(w/ ejector seat) & the Green Hornet's car(shot a propeller off the trunk).
    A guy I know that works at one of our music stores collects Corgi Batmobiles...apparently, E-Bay always has a few; Caveat Emptor: Some are 'rebuilt' versions.
    (I see E-Bay also routinely stocks my weapon of choice...the "Johnny-Seven")
    ;)
    ...and how 'bout Jill St. John in the series 1st episode(at least the '60s TV/Batman geek at the gym told me it was the 1st episode; I told this guy he needs to buy a computer & get online...he's a wealth of '60s/early '70s TV trivia).

18. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA

All I can remember is that Julie Newmar seemed to me to be the sluttiest of the Catwomen, and I found that appealing. :p

This talk of old toys now got me monitoring an Ebay auction for an old Creepy Crawler set with the real oven and the metal mold trays. I wonder how many kids got third degree burns with that rig.

19. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I loved it then, and still do now. My four-year-old just discovered the movie and we watch it on DVD together. Read Burt Ward's autobiography, My Life in Tights . It's a great read.

"Holy Werner Von Braun, Batman, look at that wheelchair go!"

20. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    +1000 meows'