1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1961 American Standard for Sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by kipmartin, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kipmartin

kipmartin

Aug 22, 2004
    nashville, TN
    endorsing artist: intellitouch tuners, sansamp, uptonbass
    i need cash! quick!

i have a 1960s American Standard for sale for $2400. i prefer you pick it up (ill drive up to an hour and a half from Northern VA to meet you), or YOU arrange to have it boxed up and shipped.

the bass is set up, has good strings, and you can play it or record it tonight. this is a good bassy, tight, percussive sounding bass, and it looks good. it has one small chip to the veneer on the upper bout edge, but it is only cosmetic--stain it or fill it in.

im putting it on Ebay later tonight for 5 days and expect it will sell pretty quickly, so get back to me soon if you want it. like i said, i need cash right now so its priced low. most people are asking $3500-4800 for a nice American Standard. inferior Kays (ive owned dozens of both) go for the price of this bass. the last one i saw on ebay went for $2800 plus $200 shipping and who knows if it had issues. this one doesnt--buy it and play it tonight!

reach me at onefourfive@hotmail.com. i check my email frequently.

2. pics?

3. lowEndRick

lowEndRick Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2006
    CT
    wish i could afford something in that range, but i just bought a high end dobro. i have, however, really enjoyed your articles kip.

4. Is this still available?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.