Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1962 Fender Jazz Bass For Sale Sunburst

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by kraigg007, Jun 6, 2004.

1. kraigg007

kraigg007

Jul 29, 2003
    Gainesville, FL
    The item I have for sale is a truly rare 1962 Fender Jazz Bass in Sunburst. The bass is 100% original with untouched solder points. This bass has the all important slab rosewood fingerboard. They only produced the Slab boards from mid 1959 to mid 1962, so this was one of the last of the jazz slab finger boards. Again this bass was not a pieced together bass it came from the factory with everything listed. It has the following features: Maple Neck with Slab Rosewood fingerboard dated 7MAY62A, original reverse tuners, original decal, original tort. shell nitro guard that is in great shape, original sunburst unfaded finish, original black bobbin pickups, original pots dated 304 6218, original cloth wires, original solders, original bridge, all original screws, original knobs, original chrome covers, original thumbrest, original neck plate with serial number 800XX (last digits will be revealed to the new owner), original strap buttons, and original 1962 brown tolex case with an orange interior. The bass is in 9.0 out of 10 condition and the case is in 9.0 out of 10 condition. Both are in rare great shape for their age. The back of the bass only has a small area of belt buckle rash (approximately 1.25 X 3.5 inches), but the finish everywhere else is just beautiful. The bass sounds incredible!!! It is the one of the best sounding jazz pre-cbs jazz bass that I have heard. The action on the bass is low with no fret buzz or dead spots. It has beautiful harmonics that make doing all the Jaco tricks easy. The bass is lightweight for a Jazz bass, approximately 8.25 lbs. The neck on this bass is pure butter, the neck on this bass is in incredible condition and the frets are in near perfect condition with no refret ever done to this bass. I even strung the bass with round wounds and it gives the bass an incredible tone that screams the best of the best of pre-cbs slab jazzes. The clay dot neck is adjustable and has no issues. No stories just a truly special bass that would retail for more than $12,500 anywhere else. It is rare to see a bass as rare as this come up for auction or go up for sale, so jump on it while you can. Take a look at the picture or email me for more pictures. Email me if you have any questions. You will not find a straighter or finer example of a pre-cbs slab board jazz bass. I attended the Dallas Guitar show and didn’t see anything even close to this bass in quality, condition, or vintage year.

For more information email me at:

bcworship2@aol.com

for more info or pictures.

2. kraigg007

kraigg007

Jul 29, 2003
    Gainesville, FL
    [​IMG]

3. kraigg007

kraigg007

Jul 29, 2003
    Gainesville, FL
    [​IMG]

4. kraigg007

kraigg007

Jul 29, 2003
    Gainesville, FL
    [​IMG]

5. kraigg007

kraigg007

Jul 29, 2003
    Gainesville, FL
    [​IMG]

6. kraigg007

kraigg007

Jul 29, 2003
    Gainesville, FL
    [​IMG]

7. kraigg007

kraigg007

Jul 29, 2003
    Gainesville, FL
    [​IMG]

8. Both 60's fender threads in here, pics don't work.

At least not for me :meh:

9. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    i also can't see the pics posted :crying:

10. kraigg007

kraigg007

Jul 29, 2003
    Gainesville, FL
    Ok,

If you can's see the pictures, try the following steps:

1) Right Click on the picture x box.
    2) Click on properties
    3) Copy the address of the pictures.
    4) Paste the address in the search box of your web browser.
    5) Press return key or go

You should be able to see the pictures.

If this fails email me at bcworship2@aol.com and I will get you photos.

Thanks,
    kraigg007

11. kraigg007

kraigg007

Jul 29, 2003
    Gainesville, FL
    If you still can't see the pictures,

1) I hate webphotos.

2) Email me at bcworship2@aol.com and I will send you detailed photos.

3) Sorry.

kraigg007

12. Beautiful bass!

13. kraigg007

kraigg007

Jul 29, 2003
    Gainesville, FL
    The price of the 61 Jazz Olympic white is $13,500.00

The price of the Sunburst 62 Jazz is $9850.00.

They are both great basses with no issues.