1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available 1963/64 Precision Bass Dakota Red Vintage

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kurpak, Nov 6, 2018.

1. kurpak

kurpak Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2007
    Price:
    $5000
    Strings:
    1963 precision bass, body only refin originally custom color Dakota red!
    All parts original, even includes both covers and black end 1963 tolex case.
    Original green celluloid guard, no cracks and minimal shrinkage, neck is very smooth and played in, no cracks or repairs anywhere. Original frets have some play wear but nothing extreme and this bass plays great all over the neck with low action. Pickups have strong output and I think they read mid 11k at the jack. It's currently setup with TI jazz flats. Really nice dark amber color on the neck, decal is in great shape. Truss nut is flush with the heel and works great, straight neck. The Brazilian fretboard has a beautiful grain and a dark color with aged clay dots. One cool thing about this bass is the finger wear on the neck heel corner and through the pickguard plastic to the black layer! I'm guessing this is from someone's thumb thumping the low E string for years and years.
    This bass plays and sounds great, other than the body paint is 100% original.
    The neck profile is a little chunkier front to back that some of the other 63's I've tried, it's VERY close to the reissue 63 neck profile. Very lively and resonant sounding bass. I'm the second owner after the refinish, work was done by Fiesta finishes in faded Dakota nitro to match the original paint in the neck pocket\pickup routes. Perfect weight at 8 lbs 7oz, around 8 lbs 11oz with the covers on.
    Hi Res photos can be found here on imgur:
    $5000.00 Shipped

*EDIT*
    Someone with sharp eyes pointed out the pot code dates are showing the 3rd week of 64, so technically this is a late 63 early 64. The neck is stamped 63 and it's always been listed as a 1963 so I never bothered to check. Carry on

qgsoqq7xwpwapgwjhsnn.
    iqyvuv5hwjhopi1dl4wi. zpxcky4hmevhadpr8eea. merl4qr0m4rbmkenisv8.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Ahort, muggsy, Alan Scharrer and 14 others like this.
  2. GTx2

GTx2

Jun 12, 2017
    That's a sexy bass! :hyper:

3. Spaceman Ian

Spaceman Ian MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore, Md
    MBasses
    Do you have a pictures of the innards?

Neck stamp?
    Pots?
    Pickup?

Lovely bass, by the way!!

4. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly

Sep 3, 2013
    Indiana
    Super sexy

5. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

b7e7835bbc43988847e129e06ce3316e2de9762d2b6d0c2c909b607edfadae7e.

6. Rob L

Rob L Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Chilly ND
    My goodness that is a killer looking bass! If it plays as good as it looks someone is going to be very happy. My birth year bass, man I would love to get this bass. GLWS

Alan Scharrer likes this.
  7. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    pickup cover looks like it really was used as an ashtray. GLWTS

8. simply phenomenal

9. interp

interp Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    Sweet! And well worth the price. Is the case original?

10. kurpak

kurpak Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2007
    If you click on the first pic that will take you to the hi-res image gallery on imgur with photos of the neck stamp, electronics etc.

Spaceman Ian likes this.
  11. kurpak

kurpak Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2007
    Yes the case is original, it has the rare black ends only issued during 1963 I believe.

12. drums1977

drums1977

Mar 31, 2008
    Malaga
    It sold?