1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available 1963 Fender Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pickles, Oct 24, 2020.

1. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Player grade. Original Neck, body, pickups, hardware, tone pot. Non-original finish, pickguard, volume pots. Selling because I didn't realize how uneven string to string balance can be on these old Js and I'm too obsessive to deal with it. Bass sounds great and plays great. When you turn the volumes all the way down, theres still a bit of signal but they controls do what you'd expect otherwise. Ships in a "just-for-shipping-protection" grade hard case. No trades. CONUS shipping included but strong preference and deep discount possible for a local buyer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  2. raal

raal Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Minneapolis / St Paul
    Have you tried replacing pickup cavity foam and slanting the pickups toward treble? Pickups are slanted on all my vintage basses.

3. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I’ve done all the setup tricks and it’s pretty decent now. Similar to some 70s jazz basses ive had. Most people wouldn’t notice but its just something I’m picky about. Too bad because this is a tone machine!

6tzguy likes this.
  4. 6tzguy

6tzguy 6tzguy Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Orange County, Ca.
    Wow, by looking at the neck pocket, it could have originally been black! If it had been sunburst the black wouldn't have extended to the rear of the neck pocket, right? Awesome though. I sure miss my early May '64 that I sold in 2016 after 49 years of ownership. I thought mine was very even from high to low....hmmm GLWTS

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2020