1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1964 ears

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Billy K, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Billy K

Billy K

Nov 5, 2009
    North Bay Marin
    Got my 1964 ears yesterday and I got to say they are outstanding.I had Shure 315's which now I feel are for IPods not for IEM.The difference in sound was remarkable.I sent my molds in 4 weeks ago and my ears arrived yesterday March 16th.that's 3 1/2 weeks not bad service.They come with a nice case and some other goodies. Thumbs up to 1964 ears.I got the quad drivers about $550.00.The fir is real nice well it should be but the molding process is most important because that is what 1964 has to work with .

2. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Congrats. I've heard good things about them overall with the only knock on shipping time. Glad to see thay have improved that greatly.

3. Ashlyn

Ashlyn

Dec 21, 2012
    US
    Great! Congratulations!

4. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I was born with 1963 ears.

5. Me too! :cool:

6. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

Apr 13, 2004
    UK
    Thanks for the post, had not heard of this make until now. Interest piqued... acid in the stomach....

7. I don't post that often, but I too just got my 1964 Ears last week. Gigged with them on this past Thursday night, and they were fantastic. Great fit, great finish, great case, great service, and sound was excellent (triple drivers). Very satisfied.

8. csanders

csanders

Jun 14, 2012
    Mine just arrived 3 hours ago. It's been all I can do not to walk around the office wearing them. Fit is phenomenal! Will post up a review when I've had a chance to put them through their paces.

9. blastoff99

blastoff99 Moderator Staff Member

Dec 17, 2011
    SW WA, USA
    I hope they do well for you for a long time. A bunch of the musicians at church went with 1964 Ears, and have had failures. Stuff falling apart sort of failures. On the plus side, they apparently sound fantastic.

10. I've been using mine for 6 months now with about 50 gigs under my belt using them. They sound as good as ever with no issues.

They used to feel a little tight at first but now i actually need to really push them in to get a good seal. Maybe my ear has grown. I cannot recommend them enough. And as far as I can tell, no one can match them when it comes to price

11. csanders

csanders

Jun 14, 2012
    After wearing them for a few hours today, I have to say that the seal they give is wonderful. My officemate typically plays music through his computer and I can't hear anything from his space with these in. The sound is terrific as well. Mine are reshelled UE Triple.Fi 10s, and I honestly think they sound clearer than stock. Bass is nice and round, cymbals sparkle, and the volume can be run insanely low and they can still be heard. The trademark sonic character of the TF10s (slight V shaped EQ, with a bass and treble bump) has been retained and perhaps enhanced by removing the comply foams that I was using and firming up the seal. The mids sound much clearer in the new housing.

I'll be using them on stage tomorrow night and if they perform as well as they have so far, I think I may be head over heels in love. Here's hoping.