Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1964 Fender Deluxe Reverb for sale.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Whafrodamus, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I know it's a guitar amp, but I'm seeing how much I could get for it. It's in excellent condition, and I'm going to take it to get cleaned up before I actually sell.

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Got any pics available?

3. mmm!

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Sorry, I have none available at the moment.. My family doesn't own any Digital Cameras, so getting a picture will be a pain in the arse. Sorry. I'm just looking to see how much I could sell it for.

5. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    with a vintage amp like that it all depends. Does it have all the original parts, what exact condidition is it in? Theres alot of questions that need to be answered becuase it can be the difference of a grand or more with vintage fenders like that. Check ebay also. Im not sure if this is the same amp but another guy was trying to sell a vintage fender and asking like 2300 which everyone seemed was fair.

6. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Telecaster people are particularly fond of Deluxe Reverbs. I'd pass by the folks at www.tdpri.com. That site is the main Tele' site on the net. In the Amp Central forum there are a couple of flks who should be able to help. I'd post a message to Big Cookie and see what he thinks.

7. odie

odie Supporting Member

No one will buy this amp sight unseen or without pics. Get a camera and some film, take pics of the amp and numbers. Get film processed with copies on a cd.

8. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Yep! Pic's are a must. For an old Fender, you want a close up of the chassis, the tube chart, the cabinet, speakers, etc ... If I were trying to get top dollar out of that amp, I'd be looking at a consignment deal with a firm like Gruhn's (Nashville) or maybe Willies (Minneapolis/St Paul). For sure, you'll pay out the commission, but those folks do a significant amount of marketing in the Vintage market and have pretty devoted followings ...

On the other hand, I'd drop a kilo buck on it now ... given some method of verifying it's authenticity ...