1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1964 Fender Precision, one owner....wow!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sleepy_monkey, Apr 30, 2010.

1. http://bham.craigslist.org/msg/1717457872.html

It looks like it is in pretty spectacular shape! This is only 5 minutes from me...and about $11k out of my budget...I don't even know if I have seen a bass that old with the Lake Placid blue.

Thoughts?

2. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Yikes. Nice.

3. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    :bawl:

4. ausf

ausf

Jun 24, 2008
    New York
    A collector will grab it.

5. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    If I had this amount of $$$, I would check out a reliable source such as the Bass Emporium. I also agree that Lake Placid Blue sounds like a re-paint job.

6. Well, it is kind of funny (and I am not saying this is the case at all) that a local guitar shop has had a 1964 Precision bass for YEARS painted with house paint...in blue...I went into that shop a few weeks back and it was finally gone.

7. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    that's a beautiful bass.
    looks all original and it doesn't look like a refin at all to me.

8. I am not saying it is....it is in great shape....if I was selling it I would probably put up some better pics...

9. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    that's real nice! I'm starting to dig LPB more and more these days...

I doubt he'll get $12,000 locally - I just dont see anyone showing up to someone's house with that kind of cash...

He'd probably have better luck on the 'bay selling that thing

10. Addison

Addison This time, I didn't forget the gravy. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Bismarck, ND
    I love when people try to sell $12,000 classic instruments using pictures taken on a cell phone from 2002.

11. Randall

Randall

Aug 6, 2009
    Canada.
    I knew I should have bought one when I was a little baby:bawl:

12. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    A one of a kind precision bass in the popular lake placid blue color. :D Looks pretty. The vintage instrument market is retarded.

13. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Nice Bass. I still want a Precision V though.

14. That's the color I wanted when my mom bought me my P bass in '65, I was 10.
    I got the Sunburst because she couldn't afford the extra $$ for the custom color.
    Still have the Sunburst :)

15. recreate.me

recreate.me

Apr 2, 2010
    Ontario
    Totally, when i have a son i will spend the 1200$ and get a Fender Precision for him to grow with (i will play just until hes old enough to handle it though) haha

LPB Blue i think is love/hate, personally i would never want that colour. Just not who i am. Im more a black/tort guy.

Also, where you hinting he bought the house paint bass and refinished it? haha

16. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    LPB was a standard color in 1964.
    That a sweet looking bass.
    But 11K is a huge price.