1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1964 Jazz Bass price question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geddy402, Aug 24, 2012.

1. geddy402

geddy402

Jul 20, 2012
  2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Supporting members only for price requests.

So $7500.

3. geddy402

geddy402

Jul 20, 2012
    How do you become a supporting member?

4. pineapplerobot

pineapplerobot

Jul 23, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Thats a supporting members only thing? Dang, I'm glad I decided to throw some cash in.

5. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    If you are planning to buy a particular instrument I think that price questions are OK.

6. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    You, become a member by paying $20 to the site.
    If you look at your home screen on Talkbass it should have a link. Sorry I can't remember how to actually get to it, but it's not hard to find.

7. patplaysbass

patplaysbass Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 7, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Soon-to-be-ex Musician's Friend/Guitar Center Employee
    I was under the impression that non-supporting members could still ask "is this a fair price for..." questions.

8. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

From the rules, under rule #3

"Price check/"How much is this bass worth"-type threads are limited to supporting members only. Post them in the appropriate forums for the item in question (A question related to the value of a bass guitar should be posted in the Basses[BG] forum, an amplifier in the Amps[BG] forum, etc.) "

9. geddy402

geddy402

Jul 20, 2012
    So once I pay I post a question on here and then I get a PM with what a reasonable price would be? You don't reply to the whole thread, b/c not everyone looking at it are paying members, right?

10. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    Dude are you broke, seriously, just pay the $20.00 :) Yes everyone in the thread will be able to read the opinions about price. :hyper:

11. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    For buying-related questions, "what's it worth" posts by non-supporting members are okay. We've relaxed that rule...it's really an issue for people wanting to sell items. I know the current language isn't clear.

So please feel free to support TB, but not because of this thread. :)

Edit: to clarify, in case anyone's on the mobile app like me...I am a moderator.

12. geddy402

geddy402

Jul 20, 2012
    Haha...nah I could swing the 20 beans. Just wanted to make sure I didn't screw up again...

Great, thanks for the clarification!

So does anyone have any opinions about the price?

13. JimB52

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    If Fralin rewound pickups are the only non-original parts, then $7500 is about right at a dealer. GC would list it at $9,999.99.

14. geddy402

geddy402

Jul 20, 2012
    Cool, thanks!

15. JimB52

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    If you're looking for a player, a body-only refin '65 or '66 is a great bass at half the price.

16. geddy402

geddy402

Jul 20, 2012
    Yeah I'm not looking to put it under my bed. Hard to find a sunburst refin that looks as good as the original...at least ones I've seen.