1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1965 burst Jazz stolen, Nashville

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by JMacBass65, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Not my bass, but this came across my FB news feed.

NASHVILLE, TN - 3/12/17
    My trusty, old 1965 Fender Jazz Bass - my main guitar and favorite instrument for the last 44 years - has been stolen.

It was burgled from my house. They knew what they wanted - crow-barred the back door and grabbed the bass. Nothing else was touched.

I've filed a police report and it was insured. However, I obviously want it back. I, along with friends, have contacted music stores, pawn shops, guitar collectors - everyone I can think of who might have a chance to come across this bass. It's a long shot, I know, but I thought I'd spread the word on Facebook.

1965 Fender Jazz Bass
    Serial #: L93435
    Sunburst finish / very road worn
    Rosewood neck / dot fret markers
    No case was taken with it.

2. madbass6

madbass6 Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2009
    I do not give consent to use any of my photos ! please respect that. thank you.
    Wow that really really sucks!
    Sorry to hear that! I have an all original 71 fender P Bass so I have an idea of what you lost! checking out pawn shops etc. is all good! but Have you looked into people you know
    Have you considered that possibility ?

old/New band members/friends even family members etc.?
    I mean who ever did it knew exactly what/where it was ! it just Sounds like it was done way to easy to be an average break in! its worth looking into !
    of course do it in a discrete way,
    don't just flat out ask them
    do you little CSI investigation!
    Hey I'm from mass.
    i'll keep my eye out around here!
    Good luck!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  3. Lownote38

Lownote38

Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Check Guitar Center. That's where I found my stolen '68 Precision. Thing is, they knew it was stolen because they had pictures of my flyer for it on their wall! Keep looking on Craigslist, eBay, and all those pawn shops. It will go through one of those outlets at some point.