Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1965 Fender Precision Black Refin

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Emperor Elite, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Emperor Elite

Emperor Elite

Oct 20, 2004
    \
    I'm selling a KILLER player's Pbass with fantastic tone and plenty of mojo. It is a lightweight 1965 Fender Precision with a late 60's Black refin. Everything is original except the pickguard and the chrome knobs. The bass has the usual player's wear and then some, especially in the belt-buckle area. The frets have wear on them, but they still have plenty of life left in them. The best thing about this bass is the neck: The neck on this bass is simply amazing. The playability compares favorably with my two Foderas, and I am NOT exaggerating. The neck is THAT sweet. It is wide and flat, very similar to what you'd find on a '64 Pbass. The neck has this fabulous broken-in feel that just melts in your hands.

There is no way that I would be selling this bass if the carpal tunnel syndrome in my fretting hand didn't prohibit me from playing it at gigs. The neck is awesome and the tone KILLS. The tone is thick, fat, punchy and rude. Also, this is the loudest 60s-era Pbass that I've ever heard.

The bass currently sports a celluloid tortoise pickguard, but I'll throw a mint-green one in as well along with a fresh set of TI-flats. Oh, the bass has been professionally shielded, but I can easily reverse this if the buyer wishes. The bass comes with its original case that has been beaten to death. It will protect the bass well enough while shipping, but I wouldn't want to bring it to gigs week after week.

I have plenty of photos. If you are interested, please e-mail me at sopranze@rci.rutgers.edu and I'll be happy to send them to you. The selling price is $1,999 firm. Buyer pays shipping.

Seriously folks, if you are in the market for an absolutely KILLER 1965 Pbass, I sincerely doubt that you will find a better one than this one.

Ben

2. Emperor Elite

Emperor Elite

Oct 20, 2004
    \
    Photo has been attached.

Ben