1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale 1966 Fender Mustang

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by coreyfyfe, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:11 AM.

1. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Price:
    Strings:
    1966 Mustang bass. Early headstock logo (without the "mustang bass" portion). Sept 66 neck stamp, pots are 12th week of 66.

Original hardware except the tone knob, strap button, and the tug bar (not pictured but a fender repro is installed). Missing the original bridge mutes. Original pots/pickups.

Likely a very old refinish based on the paint in the neck pocket/pickup routes and overall surface checking. Suspect it was originally red.

Has original case.

Neck is well worn in and comfortable.

Got the bass in trade and would keep it if I didn't need to clear some room/have my eye on other gear all the time.

Asking $1900 shipped. Have the bass listed on reverb as well and there are some pictures of the pickups/pickup cavity there.
    Fender Mustang Bass 1966 Black | corey's Groovin Shop

i8US2Mn. WpQcKxR. AOpKvgp. bd4QP1C. ycZz1fY. 4yI0q22. YHHTm2o. drny3Ub. 0iOWIGy. ny4dUJI. SDb8KBS. 2Esr2u5. xcJ7TQS.

2. Reviresco

Reviresco Lost In Low End Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2011
    New England
    This is super cool! That's my brothers birthday! I sent him this post!

coreyfyfe likes this.