1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale 1966 Fender P-Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by R Briere, May 16, 2018.

1. R Briere

R Briere Bass-ically Yours Supporting Member

Price:
    $4999.99
    Strings:
    This 66 was originally owned by my dear friend "Jason Scheff" former bassist and vocalist for "Chicago". One fine day I got a call from Jason asking if it was true that I owned his father's Sunn 200S stack. His dad, Jerry Scheff was Elvis' bass player. No, not Elvis Costello. ...the Elvis BEFORE him. At first I wept for a bit but I certainly wasn't going to NOT do the deal. We're talking two of the finest Humanoids and Bass Players on this or any planet!!

IMPORTANT! This bass belonged to Jason....NOT to Jerry.

This is a Smokin' 8 pound P Bass and in very good condition. The pick guard has been replaced for personal reasons and I added the front Pickup cover because that's the right thing to do. It comes with a Brown Tolex Fender Case.

Once again, the price is non-negotiable although if you wish to pay MORE, THAT direction of Negotiable works just fine for me. .... and there are already three guys from Sweden who are BEYOND interested in it. Should they fly into Albany and grab it I'll remove this ad immediately....if not sooner. Again, it can be seen at Parkway Music in Clifton Park, NY.....not by stopping by my Studio. :) Parkway is my dear friend and Broker.....I don't work there. I was their former Fender Rep. I Love those guys. You'll have your choice of amps to try it out with....including my Aguilar AG500 which is also resting comfortably there. Did you see the Aggie ext cab on Reverb that's a perfect match for my AG500? Someone could own the most Killer Rig on Earth!! Everyone wins. End of Story.
    Bass-ically Yours,
    Rich Briere

PS: I Never buy ANYTHING from anyone I can't find on Google. Catch my Drift?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    ghettoshelf, Burwabit and ckuhn like this.
  2. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play...

Dec 24, 2005
    Northeast OH
    I must hear the whole story...what was the deal?

Gorgeous bass by the way!

R Briere likes this.
  3. R Briere

R Briere Bass-ically Yours Supporting Member

The Deal was a simple request. Jason REALLY needed to get his Dad's amp back. Elvis wasn't the ONLY Musician that amp was a part of. The Doors were another.....and another...and another. I would have GIVEN Jason the amp for nothing.....cuz sometimes in life we need to simply do the right thing. The rest of the Story remains a Mystery.....a Supreme Sunn Secret of Sorts..... a Code of Honor among Bass Players.

Double E and Caca de Kick like this.
  4. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play...

Dec 24, 2005
    Northeast OH
    I like your style R Briere...

R Briere likes this.