1966 Gibson EB-0 Truss Rod Tool

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Oren Hudson, May 11, 2018.

1. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Tell what will work on this beat up old girl. I can feel that the bolt or screw is movable, but I don't have anything that fits both it and the opening. :thumbsup:

2. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    A 5/16" truss rod tool or nut driver will do it.

Oren Hudson and Christine like this.
  3. The above is one solution. Personally, I prefer the wrenches that have a Phillips screwdriver on the end to remove the truss rod cover. The truss rod wrench without a Phillips scredriver won't do you much good by itself unless you keep a Phillips driver separately in your case or gig bag, or you roll without a truss rod cover. Allparts makes a truss rod wrench with integral Phillips driver.

https://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/listing/allparts-truss-rod-wrench-5/16"-w/phillips-screwdriver-on-end/6453?_aid=pla&bump_auction_uuid=991783ac-1962-4d93-90b4-01370b9635da&pla=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwodrXBRCzARIsAIU59TL2dmDjv5SEByXpZs5O2bi89j7GkYIH-3whUk8cByuB5BZINrFHP2gaAtPBEALw_wcB

Oren Hudson likes this.
  4. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    Big Gibson dealers will give you one if you ask nicely. They are like coat hangers- They multiply when no one is looking.

Oren Hudson and godofthunder59 like this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021