1966 Gibson EB3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by AaronS, Nov 9, 2003.

1. I've been trying to get together with some other people who still play '50s and '60s country, rockabilly and rock. A few weeks ago I met a woman at a horse trail ride with a 1965 Gibson J-50 that she bought as a high school graduation present to herself and we have been promising to get together since. Today I went over to her house and we found a lot of music in common like Buddy Holly, Everly Brothers, Ferlin Husky, Lefty Frizzel, Wanda Jackson, etc. Then she said she still had the bass she played in the 60s and 70s in a band that toured military bases during Vietnam. Out comes her Gibson EB3! A great bass; a short scale, but still a great bass. It was in near perfect condition, except for a gash in the back of the headstock from defending the stage during a fight at a bar near Fort Sill, OK. Blonde, beautiful and she can really play bass. We were playing through a little Peavey MicroBass amp when she told me that her old Sun with an 8x10 cab was in storage and she would get it after Christmas. This has lots of possibilites.
  2. Aaron, so are you asking us a question?

Thats some nice old gears she has, those sunn amps were the sh*t when I was in high school.

That gibson EB3 is worth some bucks to a collector!

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL