SOLD 1966 Inspired Jazz Bass Parts Build

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bass4ThePublic, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Bass4ThePublic

Bass4ThePublic Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2019
    Kansas City
    Price:
    $850
    Strings:
    United States
    Here I have a parts build jazz bass that is inspired by a 1966 Jazz Bass. It has a neck that was made by Dan Ransom of San Francisco. The specs are exact to a 1966 Fender Jazz bass, as I took neck measurements from a real 1966 and gave Dan the specs. The neck finish is a nice satin finish that doesn’t stick or leave fingerprints. The neck was PLEK’d, so all of the frets are level without any wear. It also has a custom made bone nut which was made by Dan. I did put a repro logo on the headstock.

The body is a 2002 Fender 62 reissue in candy apple red with some minor dings (see pictures). The pickups are Seymour Duncan Antiquity II jazz bass pickups, as they use the same materials as a 1966 jazz bass. It has CTS pots and a .05 orange drop capacitor.

It is currently set up with TI Jazz Flatwounds, which give it a very nice feel with low tension. The tuners are Gotoh lollipops. The bass was shielded, I tested all of the cavities with a multimeter, everything is connected. Bass will include a gig bag, and the wrench to adjust the truss rod. I will set the bass up before I ship it, which includes setting the string height, neck relief, cleaning and polishing, and intonation.
    Weight is 9.2 pounds
    Trade interests:
    Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray (4 string) or Old Smoothie
    twelj7yndivpcixtfvpw.jpg z6nt6guppdvmtqseary6.jpg
    osa96d6w9zaaraxusjgu.jpg
    kasdxlncju1huvto5kjy.jpg
    rmywnqdfj8umj0bqm2c2.jpg
    hkj0umsl5m7kh3hyvvc1.jpg
    vj8uq56k76fxo26zpw3l.jpg
    dnaemq7xy26hulsjaf8b.jpg aswvfox5icxmdjv8bglc.jpg

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  2. Bass4ThePublic

Jan 27, 2019
    Kansas City
    bump

3. Bass4ThePublic

Jan 27, 2019
    Kansas City
    Price drop- $900

4. Bass4ThePublic

Jan 27, 2019
    Kansas City
    Bump

5. Bass4ThePublic

Jan 27, 2019
    Kansas City
    Bump and price drop to $850 shipped

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 17, 2021