1966 Vox Phantom IV

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by all_grown_up, Jul 25, 2013.

1. I am selling this rare Vox Phantom IV. $1600 Shipped CONUS It is all original. It comes with original case which has the original documentation. It is in very good condition except that the pickguard is shrinking and has pulled away from some of the screws. It actually plays fairly well and sounds good. It has some neck dive as the headstock is too heavy for the body. That of course could be fixed with a handsaw but I don't recommend it. REmember Paul Revere and the Raiders and "Fang" the bass player. That was the show I watched in the sixties that caused me to want it.

I plan on traveling a lot and it is time to pass this and other works of art on to others.

Pics at http://alan2549.zenfolio.com/vox

Attached Files:

2. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Highly recommend the Phantom IV. I've had one for 12 years that I love and gig with from time to time. One of my favorites. Always gets the questions and compliments. This one should be the same. :cool:

3. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    wow, wow, WOW!!! That might be the cleanest Phantom I've ever seen! And has all the doc's, back pad, bridge cover, super clean case...won't last long, cuz kicks just keep gettin' harder to find!

Free bump from a fellow Phil Volk fan!

4. bump

5. bump

6. Hidesert

Hidesert

Oct 7, 2011
    Santa Fe
    "Good Thing" bump.
    My first live concert was Paul Revere and The Raiders at Cobo Hall in Detroit in 1967.

7. bassvi

bassvi

Jul 12, 2005
    Iowa
    Another bump from another Fang fan.... always wanted a white one

8. bump

9. bump

10. bump

11. bump

12. bump

13. ac100X

ac100X

Apr 6, 2003
    California
    It's a funny thing with the VOX pickguards, it can be stable for 25 years then in a few weeks it bubbles up warps and shrinks. Good thing there pickguard makers out there and a engraver to get the name on there. Yours has the pick up selector lever arm, took me a few years to find one. (this was before the neck angle was adjusted, note the strings vs. pick up pole pieces.
    IMG_2249 VOX Phantom.JPG

14. ac100X

ac100X

Apr 6, 2003
    California
    Phantom bassplayers laugh at neck dive...........It really never bothered me.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021