1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1967 Marshall 8x10 cab with JCM 800 Bass Series 1992 100w Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DavePRoberts, Dec 30, 2006.

1. DavePRoberts

DavePRoberts

Dec 30, 2006
    Hi guys,

I used to play bass in a band back in my Uni days but now it's pretty much restricted to just playing about in the house. I have a Marshall 8x10 Cab with a Marshall JCM 800 Bass Series 1992 100w Head. As I tend to play guitar more these days than bass I was thinking about selling the Marshall kit - how much do you reckon I could get for it. It's not something that seems to turn up on ebay very often and I have no idea how much it's worth.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    A further inspection is required... please send it to my house so I can umm... appraise it. :)

3. That'd be a wicked amp for bass OR guitar, I say keep it.

4. DavePRoberts

DavePRoberts

Dec 30, 2006
    Yeah it always used to look really cool on stage when we played and the sound was great but it's a bit of monster to store! I bought a small Orange amp to practice \ play about with and I think the Marshall may be going to waste not being used as it should be.....saying that I might go and get it out to see if everthing is still working :bassist:

5. DavePRoberts

DavePRoberts

Dec 30, 2006
    Well everything still sounds good...it does work well for both Bass and Guitar :) So how much do think I could realistically get for it? It cost me next to nothing to buy - I traded my Peavey TNT 150 in for the Head about 15 years ago and at the same time I was given the cab by a friend that didn't have room for it anymore (I think it was his wife that wanted it out of the way). I paid something like £50 or £100 for it....which I now know was a bargin. Just got no idea what it's worth now.:meh:

6. Ale

Ale

Jul 5, 2006
    Europe
    Endorsing Artist: IGiG Cases
    well a 1967 Marshall 8x10 must have some vintage value ?
    Not often you see thoose cabs. .