SOLD 1968/69 Fender Jazz bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rigorous bass, Dec 17, 2015.

1. rigorous bass

rigorous bass Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Price:
    $3200
    Strings:
    It hurts to have to put this one on the market but I need the funds so away she goes.... Hopefully to a deserving new owner.
    I have here an ALL ORIGINAL 68/69 Fender jazz. Bought it from the original owner who bought it in 69. According to the store owner the bass is a 68 but serial number puts it at either date. Unfortunately this bass does not have a date stamped on the neck as was the case for many Fender necks at the time (very common). The pots date back to 66 and if my memory is right, the pickups are dated to around the same time. I had this bass authenticated in 2009 when I bought it at a well known vintage guitar shop here in town. Bass has some wear but is in great condition with the exception of a "belt guard" that was drilled on the back of the body. Yikes! The experts I've talked to say the bass devalues some but not drastically. And I've had the conversation with quite a few. Case, pickup and bridge covers, and strings are original as well. I'm asking $3200 obo shipped. No Trades for I need to fund a cheaper bass and have money left over. Please feel free to message. Me with any concerns. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Such a beautiful Jazz! the blue capacitor and 4 digit code stamped pickup tell me it's a 69.
    68 used orange caps, and hand written pickup dates.

3. rigorous bass

Mar 12, 2012
    Hmm.... That's interesting. I've received many different opinions but this a first. Thank you for the tip!

4. BostonJazz72

BostonJazz72 Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Chicago
    Good luck on your sale! I have learned the hard way to try to get every thing verified on vintage instruments.

5. rigorous bass

Mar 12, 2012
    Thank you Boston! Believe me I tried. There just seems to be a lot of different scenarios or theories with Fenders of that era such as different parts being used and things of that nature. But I really appreciate the input! Thank you...

6. BostonJazz72

BostonJazz72 Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Chicago
    No worries. Check out my posting for my jazz bass. It has a 68 neck with 64 body and electronics. I have no idea how or why that happened. The guy who sold it just listed it as a 68 bc of its neck.

7. Impetus man

Impetus man

Feb 22, 2015
    Arizona
    I am very interested. Please PM me some more details on the history. I have some cash and it would be my #1 axe.

8. rigorous bass

Mar 12, 2012
    Still available...

9. rigorous bass

Mar 12, 2012
    And sold! Headed East..... So painful!

10. Impetus man

Impetus man

Feb 22, 2015
    Arizona
    Congrats on the sale.....sweet axe, man.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021