1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1968 Gibson EB-2D

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by smcd, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    For sale - 1968 Gibson EB-2D

Bass is in very good condition, and is all original. There are 2 issues I'd like to point out:

a. One of the "witch hat" knobs is missing. The knob has been missing since I bought this bass 18 years ago. Reproduction knobs are available on ebay for very little money.

b. The finish at the neck joint has flaked away. I've seen this often. I don't know if the neck joint had to be re-glued (as happened to my LP Sig bass), or if the finish at the glue joint wore away due to age. Whatever the reason, the neck is straight, stable, and solid as a rock.

Everything works as it should. The truss rod functions perfectly. Both pickups work, as do the knobs, pickup selector switch, and the "baritone" button. There is some finish crazing throughout the bass, but nothing I would call extraordinary (see photos). The chrome is in fair to good shape (see photos). Included is the original hardshell case.

If you'd like more photos, let me know.

Price: $2,200 shipped.

eb2da3.

[​IMG]
    eb2da4.
    eb2da5b.
    eb2da5bridge.
    eb2dbback.
    eb2dback2.
    eb2dneckb.
    eb2dnecka.
    eb2dhstock.
    eb2dhsb.
    eb2dhserno.
    eb2dtag.
    eb2dpgd.
    eb2dcontr.
    eb2dside.
    eb2dz1case1.
    eb2dzcase2.

2. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2011
    *droooooool*

Very nice! :D

3. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Mar 3, 2010
    TX
    Well, sh!#. Wish this had been for sale a week ago. Just blew my money on a AVRI Fender. GLWS.

4. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Found the mute

eb2dmutea.
    eb2dmuteb.

5. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Weight = 9lbs, 2oz