1968 Gibson EB-2DC Value

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Steve K, Jan 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Steve K

Steve K

Jun 20, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    Hey guys!

I have been offered a 1968 Gibson EB-2DC bass in a trade for a bass of mine but I don't know what to value the Gibson at. It is a very cool bass but like many other Gibson EB-2 basses, the headstock broke off at some point and was repaired (stable but not a pro job is what I was told).

Other than that issue, the bass is all original but features some dents and such. If I were to resell the bass, what could I be looking to get for it? I have done some research on the prices for EB-2 basses but this has the added variable of the repair, which is something I haven't come across before.

Thanks!

2. jsr914

jsr914

Mar 21, 2011
    Indiana
    I’ve bought and sold a couple of these recently. In my estimation a clean example with no headstock break and original condition can fetch $2200-$2500. The headstock break, while common, is a detractor. Depending on how clean the neck looks post-repair and assuming no playability issues, I would knock off $500-$1000 for the break bringing the value down to around $1500 give or take.

My 2c. Hope it helps.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022