SOLD 1968 Gibson EB0 - converted to poor man's EB3

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by yaryaryaryar, Jan 30, 2018.

1. yaryaryaryar

yaryaryaryar Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2016
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is a 1968 EB0 that somewhere in the last 50 years acquired a mini humbucker in the bridge position to make it like an EB-3. The pickup addition utilizes the original pots and wiring, and there's just a splice in the wire from the mudbucker to accommodate the 3-way switch and bridge pickup wiring. It's the original mudbucker, which sounds just enormous when that pickup is soloed. When both pickups are on, it balances surprisingly well. Bridge pickup soloed sounds like a Jazz bass bridge pickup soloed to me.

It's in great shape cosmetically, save for a few dings I've tried to show in the photos. The most obvious is where it was routed for the bridge pickup, it looks like they took a chip out of the finish during the process. This was repaired about as well as a person could possibly do here - it was even coated over with some kind of clear coat that completely matches the rest of the finish. Otherwise, there's really nice checking throughout. I had to really boost the light in these photos to show the dings and the checking - under normal light it's all much harder to see.

All in all, it's an awesome 60's EB-3 for less than the price of an EB0.

Please email with any questions. I'm also up for trade offers. Mostly looking for a Ric 4003s these days (plus cash on my end), but I'll consider whatever. Thanks!

Attached Files:

TheMinutemen, Lesgo and gelinas666 like this.
  2. Lesgo

Lesgo Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2016
    Just awesome. GLWTS

3. gelinas666

gelinas666 Guest

Sep 8, 2009
    Agree with "Lesgo".:thumbsup:

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022