1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale 1968 (+/-) Gibson Non-Reverse Thunderbird II

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fastandsloppy, May 9, 2015.

1. fastandsloppy

fastandsloppy

Apr 11, 2011
    Price:
    $3500
    Strings:
    Hi All,

Time to put my beloved Gibson non-reverse Thunderbird (the S/N would suggest it's a 1968) single pickup for sale. Circumstances being what they are - I need to sell a few things. However, I'm not desperate so would like to get a good price for this rather than selling it quickly.

It's in great shape, sounds like a dream and still plays extremely well. I've owned it since 1998 and it's been kept in a clean pet-free home ever since. It has been used only for recording and practice ever since I've owned it, never gigging.

This one is somewhat unique in that it doesn't have a broken neck as is common with these models. Instead it has what looks to be a repair between the fretboard and neck, likely the result of a fall long ago that almost broke the neck but caused the fretboard to separate instead. *This is just a guess* - I don't know the actual reason for the repair. It has never caused any issues in all of the time I've owned it and the pictures attached show the area in question.

The original case is in terrible condition and I would likely find a replacement before shipping. I'm in the Seattle area and would prefer to arrange for a local-ish pickup rather than shipping it at all but - if someone is willing to pay for the shipping required I'm sure we can swing it.

Pics attached - let me know about any questions. I'm looking to get about $3500.

Attached Files:

Plake and D.M.N. like this.
  2. fastandsloppy

fastandsloppy

Apr 11, 2011
    Little bump and a quick update. I had forgotten to mention that I'm not looking for any trades - have too many basses already!

3. fastandsloppy

fastandsloppy

Apr 11, 2011
    Friday night bump.