1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1968 Kustom K200B with twin 2x15s

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Oren Hudson, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Just ran across this picture from 1974/75 of my band Relief Station. It's the only picture of the band that survived the house fire that I had nearly 20 years ago. Sadly, the Kustom rig went up in flames as well. It was a '68 100 watt RMS Kustom black tuck 'n roll head along with 2 CTS equipped matching 2x15 cabs. The '66 Precision that I'm playing did survive and I still play it from time to time. Also sadly, the lead guitarist that's barely visible at the far left, died about 5-6 years ago. Ironically, my current band had just hired him as the lead guitarist just prior to his death. First time that we had played together since the mid 70s. Sorry for the pic quality. It wasn't a great pic to begin with, but I shot it the best that I could. :)

2. Great rig!!
    Hey..if its gotta go..UP IN FLAMES is the way..otherwise, they are pretty much indestructibele.

Too bad the original company is gone..otherwise, they may have honored the lifetime warranty?? ..LOL..

In early-mid 1980's, I did a home made ric-o-sound experiment, between ACC 370 and K-200 b.

Simultaneously, I blew a fuse in my ACC 370 and fried some minor comonent in my K-200 B. As a result, Bench tech, Roger did warranty work on both heads ..cost me ZERO.

THOSE were the days..

Thanks for sharing, Oren!

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    All that was left was a pool of melted nauga! :bawl: :crying:

4. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Ah man, cool old pics!!!!

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, that's tough...