1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1968 Pollmann Double Bass for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Don Sibley, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Don Sibley

Don Sibley

Jun 27, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    1968, 7/8 size, 41" string length, Pollmann Double Bass with full perfling and carving in great condition. The bass was restored and appraised by Steven Reiley at the Guarneri House in Grand Rapids Michigan. The appraisal list the instruments value at $16,500 in 2003 (email me for a copy of the certificate). We all know Pollmann basses come in varying qualities and I have played several. This bass is by far the best sounding Pollmann I have ever heard. Rich overtones and a deep fundamental response. One of the most prominent pianist in Houston had difficulty believing that I was not using an amp on the gig. The flash on my camera distorts the color of the varnish somewhat. The bass is actually a beautiful reddish orange color. Because of unfortunate financial necessity I have to part with the instrument.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After payment is received the bass can be picked up locally or shipped as oversize freight. You will need to provide a flight trunk for shipping. If the bass is shipped, you will have one week to try the instrument before the transaction is finalized. As this is a fragile string instrument no guarantees will be made about the instrument beyond its condition when it leaves my possession. The transducer and bow quiver are not included in the sale.

2. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    31" string length? huh? that is even shorter than an eletric bass guitar

3. Don Sibley

Don Sibley

Jun 27, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Oops, of course I meant 41", thanks.

Don

4. Don Sibley

Don Sibley

Jun 27, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    I'm now throwing in a $300 Mooradian Case that fits this bass.