Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1968 Vox Constellation IV Teardrop

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Thornton Davis, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    1968 Vox Constellation IV Teardrop bass. This bass is ultra cool, very solid and in excellent plus condition.

Here are some recent photos of the bass. The backpad has been replaced with a new one. The instrument is very clean and has been well taken care of while i've owned it. Someone broke the original input jack and body area surrounding the jack many years ago. That area was plated over and the input jack moved to the top of the body from the side. Who ever did the re-work did a good job of the repair.

Neck plays good and fast. The neck is straight as an arrow and just about as thin. It currently has roundwounds on it that are very fresh. This bass produces a huge sound from the two Vox Ferro-sonic pickups.

Body and sunburst finish are in excellent condition.

All electronics work perfectly. They include distortion, G-tuner and Bass/Treble boost.

Original Vox Hardshell Case is included and it's also in very good condition as well.

Price $1150.00 US. Actual shipping/insurance cost to be paid by purchaser. Packing materials, supplied at no charge.

I will accept a International Postal Money Order or Bank Transfer.

Contact me for further information and photos. I have a feedback rating on Ebay of 100% on 74 transactions. Contact me and i'll provide you with my Ebay user name and you can view the feedback left by others on my transactions.

[​IMG]

2. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Sweet Thornton!! If I didn't already have an Astro and Saturn IV I'd be all over that!!

3. Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Photo collage added above.

TD

:cool:

4. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Damn...you're really messing with me now huh??

5. I've had one(actually my first 'real' bass)since the early 80's. Same broken jack(not repaired), same electronics, same same 30" pencil-neck. Mine's hammered, & not for sale.

6. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I've always wanted a tear bass... Too bad I dont have the $$$ after getting a new rig...

7. Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    FYI,

I've dropped the price by $250.00

She's a beauty!

TD

8. Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Well, this was sold but the turkey bailed after stringing me along.

So, in order to help find it a new home i've reduced my price to $1150.00 US

The 7th Edition of the Blue Book of Electric Guitars values this bass at $1300.00 - $1500.00 The value in the 8th edition is even more.

This is a good by for a great bass.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks

T.D.