Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1969 Fender Jazz with P neck!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Irishbass, Jan 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just testing the water with this, I am looking for a good 5 string so I am thinking of selling or trading my Jazz bass. It is a 69 Jazz body that was stripped back to natural in the 70's, the pickups, pots and tortoise guard are the originals but the bridge was changed to a bad ass over 20 years ago and the neck is a 79 Fender Precision neck that has been on the bass for over 20 years also. This is without any doubt one of the best sounding and playing Jazz basses I have played, the neck feels great ( rosewood board) and the whole vibe of the bass is super. TONE is 100% 60's Fender Jazz. Bob or Bernie at the Bass Palace know this bass and can vouch for its outstanding tone and playability. The body is a bit weathered and has the obvious knocks and dents of a well played instrument but nothing too bad either. It comes in a fairly beat but functioning fender hard case. I feel it would be a shame to do the obvious and change out the neck back to a Jazz neck, I thought about doing it but the vibe of the bass as it is made me leave well enough alone. Of course that option is there for anyone with a late 60's jazz neck and it would probably sound fabulous. I need a nice 5 string and I am open to trade offers in that regard, F Bass and USA Laklands being top of my wish list. Price to sell straight would be in the region of $1600 but I live in Ireland so there would be the shipping to consider as well ( approx $150-$200 if my past experiences are anything to go by). Please feel free to drop me an email and I can send pictures to anyone really interested. Regards from the Emerald Isle and happy 2005! ;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.