1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1969 Fender Jazz with P neck!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Irishbass, Jan 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just testing the water with this, I am looking for a good 5 string so I am thinking of selling or trading my Jazz bass. It is a 69 Jazz body that was stripped back to natural in the 70's, the pickups, pots and tortoise guard are the originals but the bridge was changed to a bad ass over 20 years ago and the neck is a 79 Fender Precision neck that has been on the bass for over 20 years also. This is without any doubt one of the best sounding and playing Jazz basses I have played, the neck feels great ( rosewood board) and the whole vibe of the bass is super. TONE is 100% 60's Fender Jazz. Bob or Bernie at the Bass Palace know this bass and can vouch for its outstanding tone and playability. The body is a bit weathered and has the obvious knocks and dents of a well played instrument but nothing too bad either. It comes in a fairly beat but functioning fender hard case. I feel it would be a shame to do the obvious and change out the neck back to a Jazz neck, I thought about doing it but the vibe of the bass as it is made me leave well enough alone. Of course that option is there for anyone with a late 60's jazz neck and it would probably sound fabulous. I need a nice 5 string and I am open to trade offers in that regard, F Bass and USA Laklands being top of my wish list. Price to sell straight would be in the region of $1600 but I live in Ireland so there would be the shipping to consider as well ( approx $150-$200 if my past experiences are anything to go by). Please feel free to drop me an email and I can send pictures to anyone really interested. Regards from the Emerald Isle and happy 2005! ;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.