1969 Jazz for $950!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scott D, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN

Steinberger Style!!!, modified many years ago, this ’69 Jazz was tastefully hacked up, good original ’69 parts including neck, tuners, pickups, bridge, and neckplate; neck has a few small extraneous holes including one that goes all the way through, body has a 4-conductor XLR style output jack on the side and weights on the back for balance, buy for parts or for an unusual working bass, $950….

This makes me want to cry... I hate some people.
  2. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Who do you hate more....the guy who hacked up the bass or the guy who's charging $950 for that trainwreck?!?! :D
  3. "My eyes, the goggles do nothing!" :(
  4. WinterBass

May 19, 2002
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Endorsing Artist: MTD
    I think the price is a little high, but you would get an original neck, tuners, pickups, and bridge.
  5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    What a waste!! :(

It just goes to show you, some people do stupid things.

I wouldn't pay $9 bucks for it!!

ok, maybe for the neck! ;)
  6. [​IMG]

I saw this same thread on The Dude Pit and it made me want to hurl!

7. Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    Sad state of affairs.
  8. I would pay $950 for the parts if I needed replacements on a 69' Jazz bass. They are original stock parts, so they are worth the asking price.

It's just sad that someone would butcher a bass like that.

9. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Well, just to put in a different point of view... it is possible that someone without the funds to get a custom bass did this in the early 70's after getting the bass to have a totally new and different design? How was he/she to know a 69 jazz bass would be worth what it is today?

Just to toss that out there. :bag:

EDIT: I think it looks kinda neat anyways.... still wouldnt pay $950 for it though
  10. :meh: I wonder if Steinberger did this during his planning stage?

I think NOT.:eek: