SOLD 1969 Kustom 215 - $80 - Dayton, OH

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by christw, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    THE MADDEST SCIENTIST
    This cab has the same AlNiCo CTS 15" speakers as you'd find in Fender and Ampeg cabs of the day, including the famed B-15. The bottom woofer seems to have a minor rattle under heavy use [100w tube head going into light overdrive] and may need reconed at some point. It's fine for use with low power (<100w) tube amps though. Cab is 4 ohms, speakers are 8 ohms.

$80 for the cab with speakers, no shipping please

OR

$50 shipped for the top speaker
    $20 shipped for the bottom speaker

$60 both speakers shipped. (Perfect for B-15N restoration or repair!)

IMG_0220.gif

2. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    THE MADDEST SCIENTIST
    Bump

3. thinking of building a 2X cab; how many amps from a solid state amp could the shaky speaker handle?
    thanks,
    fnord

4. deaddesertdog

deaddesertdog

Aug 5, 2013
    Hello,
    I am very interested in cab, and in Dayton.

5. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    What does the speaker jack plate have on it? Also, what's the condition of the wheels and handles?

6. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    THE MADDEST SCIENTIST
    Depends on the output voltage. ;) Sorry... realistically, I think 100w from a solid state amp would be the max you'd want to use unless you were very cautious about not farting the cab.

I'll PM you shortly.

CTS, some Patent number, and I assume it's place of manufacture-Chanute, KS. Handles work great. The wheels appear to be round furniture casters. They work but don't strike me as factor.

7. christw

christw Get low!

May 11, 2008
    Dayton OH
    THE MADDEST SCIENTIST
    Bump!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.