SOLD 1970/71 Ampeg SVT Blueline with matching 8x10 flatback

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by asands, Mar 5, 2017.

1. asands

asands

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    Price:
    1970/71 SVT Blueline with original matching 8x10 flatback cab.

Purchased this in the fall. It sat for some time and needed a good cleanup and some work. I put $1200 into a retube and cleanup/check with LS Electronics in Hazelwood. Receipts for all work are available. I also had them switch the power cord from the original ungrounded two prong cord to a much safer three prong.

This is a 6550 equipped amp (not 6146b) and from what can be told came from the factory this way. Serial number dating this early in the production was mostly a guess but based on tubes, pot codes, labeling, etc I am told this amp was built late 1970 or very early 1971. The amp performs great and is POWERFUL. For its age, the amp is in great shape. Not mint however, this amp has been played.

The cab has the original caster cart, and the input jack on the back is a 1/4" as opposed to the original 4 pin cable that was discontinued long ago. I made a somewhat crude jack plate because I didn't want to drill on the cab to accommodate a cup style jack. This could easily be done if one chose to. All speakers work and sound great. One had a dust cap that was buzzing and it has been removed. It will be included if you wish to glue it back on.

Keeping this sale local for now but may be willing to drive within a few hours of St. Louis to meet or deliver. I'm easy going so let me know and we can work something out. I do not want to split these up unless someone wants to purchase the cab first. PM me if you'd like just the cab.

Asking $2150 for amp and cab or best offer. Only trades I would entertain would be for Stingray or Sterling HH basses, Modulus/Status/G. Gould basses, or Spector Euro made basses, German Warwicks, Mesa Subway, Aguilar Tone Hammer, Darkglass Microtubes head or VMT ultra pedal, all plus cash.

Lots of pics available to those interested.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Charlie_brxwn and Laklandfan like this.
  2. Charlie_brxwn

Charlie_brxwn

Dec 12, 2016
    Richmond VA
    Pretty sure this used to be mine! Small world! Very cool amp.

asands likes this.
  3. asands

asands

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    Not sure but I got this locally from a guy who does some music production and the like. Love it, wish I could keep it just for the cool factor but that don't pay the bills ya know.

Charlie_brxwn likes this.
  4. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Wow! This amp rig is the "real deal!" And at a good price point too! GLWTS!

asands likes this.
  5. Charlie_brxwn

Charlie_brxwn

Dec 12, 2016
    Richmond VA
    That wasn't me, but it might have been the dude I sold it to haha. Great deal on a great stack!

6. bdeaux

bdeaux Bass, the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2002
    Salt Lake City based
    Branden Campbell
    I have one from the same year and was also told by my tech (super old-school tube guy)it was built around the time they were transitioning away from the 6146 tubes. I love mine. These amps are worth the pain, in my opinion. The flagship of electric bass amp tone.

asands likes this.
  7. asands

asands

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    Yeah, had to check this one inside after I got it to make sure it wasnt one that was converted but there were no signs of the 6146b hangers/supports on the inside of the case. That with the painted chassis was two of the biggest factors in dating to late 70/71.

By the way, I've seen your band play a handful of times in St. Louis. Good stuff!

8. asands

asands

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    Trade pending

9. asands

asands

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    And gone!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021