1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1970/83 Frankenjazz for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by revlimitbounce, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revlimitbounce

revlimitbounce Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2007
    AZ
    Okay peoples:

I might have posted photos of this before, but I now must sell my old friend to fund other things in life.

This is a 1970 Jazz (alder) which was stripped and satin cleared back in about 1985 right before I bought it. It already had a Phil Kubicki rosewood neck on it, active EMG electronics, and a Schaller bridge.

The problem: The neck has what one luthier called "tongue rise." The upper frets above 13 or 14 cause buzzing or simply skipped pitches; fret an E; get a G! He thinks it might be fixable, but I need to simplify things a bit and wish to sell it after lo these 24 years. Did some major gigs with this thing and it doesn't have much wear or rash at all. (Sniff...). Comes with a Calzone light grey flight case. Asking $700 obo. Strings are off in photo 'cause I was cleaning it and seeing how much of the problem could be cured with judicious truss adjustment.

DSCF1389.

DSCF1390.

DSCF1392.

IMG_2639.

DSCF1395.

I'm also selling some other non-bass stuff (Fender Classic Player Telecaster, Shertler Unico acoustic guitar amp, Tech 21 Trademark 60, Maxon CS550 chorus and a pretty rough 1917 Vega 5-string banjo), so ping me for more specifcs on those in interested, too.

Many thanks.

2. iplaybasstexas

iplaybasstexas

Apr 5, 2008
    DFW
    is the case a real calzone flight case? would you sell it to me? PM me

3. revlimitbounce

Jul 26, 2007
    AZ
    Yes it's a real Calzone. What's that worth to you?

4. revlimitbounce

Jul 26, 2007
    AZ
    Bump City just because of Rocco Prestia.

5. iplaybasstexas

iplaybasstexas

Apr 5, 2008
    DFW
    idk value....just give me a price i guess?

6. revlimitbounce

Jul 26, 2007
    AZ
    you have pm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.