1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1970 Fender Precision (PJ) Alder Body ... Final Time on the Block ... Price Drop!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by ubado, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    * '70 Fender Precision Body PJ (semi loaded).

One last time putting it up for grabs ... if it doesn't go ... back to my original plan of a refinishing the body ... becomes a vintage Franken P.

1970 Alder body (original neck plate # 282868) putting it from early '70. The weight as it sits ... 5.8lbs (when it was a complete bass it weighed between 8.5 - 9lbs)

The body was professionally refinished & routed for a "J" pickup in the late '80s by the second owner. The body is Black with Gold airbrushed custom paint (originally Sunburst). "Rock 'n' the free world" is embossed in the finish; as you can see in the pictures .... it can barely be seen/read unless upclose (as in within 8inches or less ... kinda silly even to bother having it done) OR under heavy light. The body has a few dings dings and wear on finish in spots (chips in paint which were sanded down). No chips in wood. Overall ... really good condition. Includes: Pickguard w/screws (13); DiMarzio split coil “bridge pickup”; controls harness (vol/Tone/3-way switch ... p/pj/j, input jack); strap buttons; knobs.

*** (does not include neck plate & neck screws. they were sold with the neck in a prior thread)***

P1080690.
    P1080692.
    P1080706.
    fenderpj05.
    P1080698.
    P1080701.
    P1080702. P1080709.

$375 shipped PayPal Preferred
    I can include the original Fender hard case ... a bit worn/fair condition ... latches & handle are in good condition. PM me for pics
    Buyer will have to pay additional shipping charges.

*Please no trade or lowball offers ... they will be ignored.*

** The ONLY offers I would accept would be for a Full Suspension "AM style" Mountain Bike Frame sz. medium (17-18")**

2. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    This is pretty cool. I'm a sucker for old weird P bodies, and I don't even mind the J routing. But somehow I just can't quite bring myself to drop that coin on one with this finish......a little too '80s maybe? Actually it's hard to tell what it really looks like...do you have any pics with natural/outdoor lighting? Thanks -

3. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    I hear ya ... yup it is a bit '80s ... late '80s that is. :D ;)
    I got the bass (complete) with all intentions of refinishing it back to the original Sunburst or Firemist Gold ('70 color) ... just never got around to it. I figure the next owner will most likely look to have it refinished too.

In regards to the amount of coin ... comparing it to what other early '70s ('70-'73) bodies are going for (of course there are exceptions, especially ones with non-traditional pickup routs; like a MM) ... it seems to be right in the same ballpark ... taking in account for the "off" refinish; as well as, the included pickup, packing/shipping and any additional fees I'll be hit with. Plus, Precision bodies prior to '74/'75 don't seem come up that often; and it is Alder as opposed to the fairly common Ash bodies of the '70s.

As for as a pic ... Ask and you shall receive. :D
    (please excuse the smudge finger marks ... the pic was taken under direct sunlight)

P1080786.

4. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Thanks - that pic does help!

And yeah, not meaning to criticize your price or anything...just a personal opinion observation.

5. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Cool.

No worries ... I figured if you're thinking it ... so might others. Might as well explain it a bit. :)

6. I swear i saw this on ebay one point many moons ago

7. meatwad

meatwad

Apr 9, 2008
    Smallville, USA
    "I like the finish" bump.

8. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Thanks! :)

Sure it's a bit '80s ... but swap out the guard for a basic black one ... and it's much more understated.

Feel free to throw out some offers folks ... just please no low-ball ones. :smug:

9. 70spbase

70spbase Fender/Ampeg for over 30 years!Portaflex #449 Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Still available?

10. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Yup. :)

11. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Bump for final price drop

12. Cameron Mc

Cameron Mc

Jan 20, 2003
    Roanoke, VA
    Roscoe Guitars-Benavente & LowEnd Basses-SIT Strings-Schroeder Cabs
    your Inbox is full. Is this body still available?

13. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Yeah, still up for grabs. Sorry about the mailbox, needed to renew my supporting status. Done.

Email replied

14. Cameron Mc

Cameron Mc

Jan 20, 2003
    Roanoke, VA
    Roscoe Guitars-Benavente & LowEnd Basses-SIT Strings-Schroeder Cabs
    Re-replied

15. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    [DEL]On hold[/DEL]