1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1970s Acoustic Control Corp 301 Bass Cabinet

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jaroh24, Oct 3, 2016.

1. jaroh24

jaroh24

Sep 29, 2012
    Price:
    Up for sale is a good condition 1970's Acoustic Control Corp 301 Bass Cab. Acoustic Control Corp made some killer amps and cabs. This is one of the most famous bass cabs they ever made. Designed for the Acoustic 370 head. I just have the cab available for sale.

Its got the original 18" Cerwin Vega speaker cone. The Tolex is in very good shape everywhere except for the bottom. It has some road rash on the bottom only. This cab is in very good shape for its age. Can get VERY loud. The serial number is HB1289, which makes it the 289th 301 cab ever made! Get a piece of history that works.

Will drive to meet if needed. Shipping is highly improbable.

Attached Files:

2. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

I got a 301! Awesome bass cab. Mine has the 301 marking. Your panel says 371. Did you originally get yours with the 370 head?

jaroh24 likes this.
  3. Roxbororob

Roxbororob Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Montreal
    Nice.
    I recently bought a 301 (not in as good shape as yours). Id buy in a flash if I was closer....

jaroh24 likes this.
  4. jaroh24

jaroh24

Sep 29, 2012
    Yes the cab came with a 370 head. It's one of the oldest 370's made having a serial number of I think HB1138 which puts it as the 138th one ever made! It has a 2 prong power cord too, which is uncommon for Acoustic heads

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    40Hz likes this.
  5. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Had their 150 "guitar" head going into my 301 for "smaller" gigs - and the big enchilada: a full 360 stack (a la Jaco :laugh:) for the "bigger" venues back in the '70s.

My cab shows HB3613 for a serial number. I have no idea what that means manufacturing unit or date-wise. I bought it used from the late but still remembered E.U. Wurlitzer up in Boston way back in '75. ("EU" was Boston's version of Manny's back in the day.)

It's a wonder I have any hearing left at all after playing in front of those old backlines. Even some of the guitar heads were pushing 100 watts back then. :wideyed:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Ductapeman likes this.