1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1971 Gibson EB-3, OHSC, EC, Must sell!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ModulusAcacia, Aug 23, 2007.

1. ModulusAcacia

ModulusAcacia Commercial User

Mar 22, 2000
    Middletown/Cincy, OH WHO-DEY!
    owner: J. Kennedy Guitar Repair, Guitar tech for Walk the Moon
    here's the scoop: for sale is my Cherry finish '71 Gibson EB-3, serial number 632428. 30.5" scale, mini humbucker in the bridge and the infamous Mudbucker in the neck. The bass has been very well preserved, I am only the second owner! The finish has a small amount of cracking, but nothing major especially considering that the bass is 36 years old. The bass is about 95% complete, with the only part missing being the bridge cover. I still have the rubber mutes that were on the cover though. They're a little dry rotted, but there! the bass only has a few battle scars, with the worst being a few bumps on the back side below the control cavity. The bass also has the slotted headstock design. The electronics all function properly with no static on any of the pots. All the original solder joints are still intact. The massive amount of soldering required for the electronics cover most of the pot dates, but there is one that is mostly visible reading: 137 7128 (the last number may be a 6, it's partially covered with solder as well). Regardless, they read as CTS brand with a manufacture date in the middle part of '71. It also has the original hardshell case.

*I apologize for the crappy picture quality, I'll get better ones soon*

I need to move the bass by thursday next week or it's headed to evil-bay.

I firmly believe that this is one of the best preserved examples of an early 70's EB series bass for sale at this time and at this price. Check out Dave Pomeroy's write up of these basses in this month's issue of Bass Player. Buy this and live out all your Jack Bruce and Mike Watt dreams!

Asking $1400 shipped in the lower 48. I may accept trades, especially if it's for a decent fretless five, but I really need cash!!!!

2. JerBear80

JerBear80 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    MN
    pm'd

3. LarryR

LarryR

Feb 2, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Did this go to evil-Bay?

4. Eww.

Nice bass. Good luck bro.

5. LarryR

LarryR

Feb 2, 2003
    Los Angeles
    LOL

...i was trying to ignore that line.

6. ModulusAcacia

ModulusAcacia Commercial User

Mar 22, 2000
    Middletown/Cincy, OH WHO-DEY!
    owner: J. Kennedy Guitar Repair, Guitar tech for Walk the Moon
    Sorry, it sold. I need to delete the thread. Luckily there is somebody living out their Jack Bruce and Mike Watt dreams :)