1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1971 Univox 'Precisely' Precision - AMAZING condition - NEW SALE PRICE!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by GSNOLA, Nov 29, 2018.

1. GSNOLA

GSNOLA Opinionated but approachable 4-string Scotsman. Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2010
    New Orleans
    Price:
    $775
    Strings:
    For sale or trade, here is a 1971 Univox 'Precisely' precision bass, all original, with original hardware, original hard case, all in incredible condition. I have done nothing to the instrument since purchase, aside from a full nickel refret, and period-specific bone nut installed by Ben Strange, of Strange Guitarworks in New Orleans. If you don't know Ben, you should. He does incredible work.
    The bass is gorgeous, minor almost imperceptible rub marks here and there, and an odd tiny deeper rub/impression. It is in immaculate nick. It sounds - well, like you would want a 47 year old p-bass to sound. It is dry, resonant, vintage heaven, punchy, dynamic, acoustically loud. The original Univox pickup is a brilliant copy, imho. It possesses a breadth and depth that you will not want to replace. It sounds magic.

It comes with the original covers, and the original nut in case you want to be complete. :)

$775 shipped CONUS, or let me know if you have anything interesting to trade. One exception would be I don't need any more p-basses (thus the sale!)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  2. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Feb 16, 2011
    South Carolina
    Dang that's sick!!!!!!

GSNOLA likes this.
  3. GSNOLA

Aug 2, 2010
    New Orleans
    I know!!! It's a beauty.

4. GSNOLA

Aug 2, 2010
    New Orleans
    Had a couple asking weight on this one. It's definitely on the lighter end of the spectrum, possibly 8lbs, 2-3oz?

5. I have one of these and they are awesomeness

GSNOLA likes this.
  6. Jackcrow

Jackcrow Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2017
    ND
    Yes! I have one of these and they are really great. How did you go about dating it? I’ve been trying to determine the exact year of mine.

7. GSNOLA

Aug 2, 2010
    New Orleans
    I spoke with a guitar store owner in Japan who worked for Aria and actually had dealings with the MM facility. :)

Jackcrow likes this.