1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1972 Fender Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JazzBen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. JazzBen

JazzBen Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Quebec, Canada
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hi all, I'm sad to put it here for sale, but we need to take decision sometimes... Here's my #1 bass for sale. It's a real vintage 1972 Fender Jazz Bass, with a lot of history. Serial Number is: 318011, original pickups, stamped with date codes with 4 digits: both 1182 (1= first day of week, 18 = 18th week of year, and 2 = 1972). Neck is "A" type, the narrowest produced. Truss rod operates well, the neck is straight with low action, and frets are great (previous owner used flatwounds for 40 years). Original pickups covers are included, the ashtray cover still have muters sticked in. 2 extra holes near the bridge. Very cool cracked lacker finish, with some wear and dings. Neck pickup was rewounded to original specs some years ago, by Lauzon in Montreal. You wouldn't notice, with same material as the original. Case is an original Fender, with the Fender emblem that is period-correct. This bass plays wonderful, and sounds the way you expect a Jazz Bass from 1972 to do, with tons of mojo.
    I'm really sad to let her go....

Here comes some pictures. I'll update the ad with better pictures in next few days:

#1.
    [​IMG]

#2.
    [​IMG]

-- From there, thos pictures was taken by the previous owner from with I bought the bass... I'll update the ad with more accurate pictures in the next few days... --

#3. (this is not THIS case that comes with the bass...):
    1972_jazz_bass_01a.

#4.
    1972_jazz_bass_02a.

#5.
    1972_jazz_bass_03a.

#6.
    1972_jazz_bass_04a.

#7.
    1972_jazz_bass_05a.

#8.
    1972_jazz_bass_06a.

#9. (this is not THIS case that comes with the bass....):
    1972_jazz_bass_07a.

#10.
    1972_jazz_bass_08a.

2. Nice! GLWTS!

3. my birth year jazz. so cool.

4. Acoop

Acoop Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2012
    That tort-guard on that sunburst is really nice. ... Was it originally from Montreal?

5. JazzBen

JazzBen Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Quebec, Canada
    Yes it was! As far as I know, the original owner was from Gaspe peninsula, lived in Montreal and was the official bass player for Mr Pointu (a famous fiddler here in Quebec and in France, from good ol' days...). The bass was sold originally from his son to another bass player, from which I bought it.

Acoop likes this.
  6. subtlestew

subtlestew Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    I have this exact same bass, except mine is an early '73 that is way more distressed (see avatar.) It sounds amazing, as I'm sure this one does as well. GLWTS!