1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1972 Fender P-Bass $1450 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by drivenmore, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Never using the 'Bay again, so here's my last try:

1972 Fender Precision w/maple fretboard, refinned nitro sunburst, all else original (*per seller before me - I am no Fender expert, so treat accordingly). Wear and tear on back of neck, but carries some serious mojo. Comes w/OHSC tolex w/logo.

I will give a 3 day approval period; if it's not to your liking/expectations, just ship it back and I'll refund your money minus my actual shipping expenses.

Photos at http://photos.yahoo.com/drivenmore

Reduced to $1325 shipped.

2. Tomis17

Tomis17 Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Is everything original?

3. It's says: refinished, but everything else original

BTW
    PM sent! :hyper:

4. Tomis17

Tomis17 Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Oops...I somehow missed that part. Thanks!

5. mtnckr

mtnckr

Jun 30, 2005
    Europe
    you have a p.m.

6. AB53211

AB53211

Apr 15, 2004
    Milwaukee,WI
    your pickguard isn't original. amazing price btw, if I only had the money...

7. Mrdak

Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    pm'd you sir

8. It isn't? I was told when I bought it that the body refin was the only change; not being a Fender expert, I'd like to know how you can tell.

I will edit my ad with a disclaimer.

9. Mrdak

Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    Digital cameras have a tendency to brighten and blur tortoise shell guards in every pic I've seen. It looks like that's the problem. It doesn't look like it's 3 ply, but that could be the camera too. It's hard to tell. It's just another reason I asked for more pics myself drivenmore. Try some without a flash and see how they look, .....edit~ yeah the PG isn't original, but big deal.... I'm trying to put together the bucks.
    It's still a fine axe.

10. Actually, it is a 3-ply; tort, white, black. I will try to get better pics of the guard when I get back to Houston next weekend.

And, tort guards did come on on 72s, for those who have replied differently.

11. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I have two '72 P's; one with a black guard, and one with a tort guard....however-and this may be the camera-tort guards of that vintage should be brown, not red.

12. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Y'all, I bought my '71P from drivenmore ... and this is the bass he kept in favor of the one he sold me. Mine is such a sweetheart I can only image that this one is perfect. Good price, too.

13. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    trades?

Greg

14. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    I too believe this not to be the original pickguard. Here's my 73 by comparison, and I haven't seen a flash turn it into the red (which I have seen in replacement guards)

[​IMG]

That said, this is a great price on this bass, and that nitro job looks good.

15. Kronde

Kronde

Feb 1, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    What a beauty! Neck width?

16. I agree; after looking at others, I have to assume it is an aftermarket pickguard.

Price reduced to $1325 shipped.

17. B Neck

18. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

In the Yahoo Photos, it looks like the date stamp was sanded off but in the photo above, it can be seen. Which photo is current and can the date stamp be clearly seen now? Thanks

19. Hey Quad -

Two different basses; you're look at pics from my old '62 RI :) That one had a sanded date stamp.

Also, when I took pics of the '72, I accidentally had it in the '62 RI case; the OHSC it comes with is black tolex.

20. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Whoops, my bad. Clicked on the wrong photo group! Bump and good luck!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.