1972 Fender P neck, A style

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by SMG, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    This is a 1972 Fender Precision Bass neck that needs a little TLC. The frets have been pulled out and the slots (and some chipping) have been filled in with a light colored wood filler. On top of that, the finish has been sanded off of the the fingerboard. Fortunately, having the finish off will make it a lot easier to reinstall new frets and clean up the mess someone made. Other then that, as the pics show, the neck shows the normal wear and tear of that is common to bass that has been well played. Install new frets and refinish the fingerboard you have a neck with tons of mojo. As shown in one of the pics, the neck was made in Nov 72 and is designated as an "A" style.

$350 shipped in CONUS

2. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    more pics...

3. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    pics of putty filled fret slots...

4. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    Middle of the week, trying to get some interest, hump-day bump

5. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    Price drop to $325.

This neck has tons of mojo. Isn't anyone going to bring this baby back to life?

6. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    PM'd

7. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    Before I get my self in trouble, I have to pull this neck off the market. I started tinkering with it to do a better examination and found out that the truss rod is acting funny. So, until I can get this figured out, if I ever do, the neck is no longer for sale. I don't want to sell something that doesn't work.

Again, this item is no longer for sale.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.