1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale 1972 Gibson EB-0

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thedeadmelon, Aug 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. thedeadmelon

thedeadmelon

Dec 2, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for grabs is a 1972 Gibson EB-0 bass. I had this up on here some time ago but took some better pictures and revamped a few things so decided to start a new post. This is a players bass, definitely meant to be used. I bought this years ago locally. I don't have a lot of information on it prior to me owning it. There are a few issues that I've been noticing. The input jack is very finicky and if it's not positioned exactly right it cuts in and out. I think this is an easy fix but something I haven't done. I've never had it set up and have noticed a bit of fret buzz. Could use a set up and definitely new strings. There are a few nicks here and there which I took pictures of. Comes with an Epiphone hard case, strap and original bridge cover with screws. I've been playing drums for 15 years so this has always been a hobby for me. I've got a kiddo on the way which is mainly why I'm selling. This is a tough one to let go of. I bought this when I didn't have much to my name. I really suffered for it and it has a lot of sentimental value.
    Asking $749 shipped. I'm open to offers but am totally ok keeping this so I'm in no rush to sell. Ask any and all questions, I'm by no means an expert but I'll do my best. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  2. Dear lord help me, I'm weak at the knees.

thedeadmelon likes this.
  3. thedeadmelon

thedeadmelon

Dec 2, 2008
    Open to offers, the worst I can say is no!

4. xed

xed

Dec 8, 2007
    Coastal NC, USA
    I owned one just like this for a bit in high school back in the late 80's. Bump and GLWS,

thedeadmelon likes this.
  5. thedeadmelon

thedeadmelon

Dec 2, 2008
    Thanks Xed! It really is a killer player. I have this up on Reverb right now but would much rather sell here so please make offers if interested!

6. thedeadmelon

thedeadmelon

Dec 2, 2008
    The baby boy is coming in November. Really would like to sell this before that. If you're interested please let me know!