1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 1972 Precision Bass Mojo! Price Drop

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dickie, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Dickie

Dickie It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Central VA.
    Price:
    Strings:
    1972 Precision with heavy mojo. This bass has been played a ton and it shows, the good ones get played. Original frets are worn down but have been professionally leveled and have some life left. Bridge seems to be original. Pickguard is Fender replacement, pickup is Seymour Duncan SPB-1, tuners are original. The finish is heavily worn, it is worn all the way down to the wood in some spots so I applied some clear guitar finish just to seal the wood in the worst spots. I wanted to keep the vintage worn look but didn't want flakes of finish coming off the bare wood so it is sealed and good to go. Apparently the original owner was named Kenyon because he etched his name on the bridge and other chrome parts(neckplate, 1 tuner) to mark it. Tons of mojo here. Neck is very strait and bass is nice and light and well balanced, truss works perfectly and plenty of room in both directions. Bass weighs 8lbs 10oz on my postal scale. Dunlop strap locks installed, fresh set of DR Hi Beams 45-105 installed. Very cool bass. Comes with Generic hardshell case.
    Here is what is original: neck, body, tuners, frets, bridge, knobs, (have original strap buttons). Neckplate.
    Here is what is not original: nut, pickup, pots, pickguard.
    Also included is the pickguard that came on the bass when I bought it from Elderly a few years ago, it's more of a red tort, the pots that came in it I believe are from 2004. The original strap buttons, the pickup that came with it(looks to be a Fender but it is not a 70's pickup and it does not work.
    I also will include an aged bridge cover that looks great on it.
    Bottom line, I need $1250 in my pocket after shipping and fees, I will not take less for this bass because it's the real deal, it's light, the truss rod is working perfectly and the neck is strait and true. In fact everything works perfectly on this bass but it obviously looks rough because it has been played a lot, that is what it is designed to do. This is not a collectors bass it's a player's bass. I am not interested in trades. I ship to lower 48 USA only.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    Atshen, punchdrunk, bassfat and 7 others like this.
  2. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    My oh my... That's one loved bass!

Dickie likes this.
  3. klanger2003

klanger2003 Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2002
    "Connecticute"
    Nice deal here.

Dickie likes this.
  4. Blackhawks55

Blackhawks55

Jul 21, 2013
    Hi there,

I have some very nice Fender Jazz basses we could possibly work out a trade/+ cash for your P-Bass. I will PM you pictures

5. Hey, where in Central VA are you? I'm in Richmond.

6. Tim Craig

Tim Craig Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Is thang pegged the needle on my funk-o-meter!

Dickie likes this.
  7. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    can i see the body without the pickguard on it

8. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    do you have the original pickup??

9. Dickie

Dickie It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Central VA.
    No I do not, I have the pickup it came with that is not a original 1970's pickup, looks to be a 80's or 90's Fender replacement, it stopped working so I had the Duncan put in. I can include that if you like. Here are pics of it

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017