1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TRADED 1973 Alvarez J200 w/70s Grovers

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by vanderbe, May 19, 2017.

1. vanderbe

vanderbe Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston
    Price:
    $1050
    IMG_0476.JPG IMG_0483.JPG Here's a vintage 1973 Alvarez J200 Copy Model 5055 also with vintage early 70s patent pending/PAF gold Grover tuners. Alvarez guitars are made in Japan. This guitar is in excellent/very good condition with a few small dings which I've tried to capture in the pictures. The guitar is 44 years old, but has been played casually for only 15 years with the remaining years in the case as I'm a bass player and don't play much acoustic guitar. It's always been kept in a climate controlled environment and in a case if not being played. There are no cracks and just a few dings (see pics). All the bracing and binding are solid. It comes with a brand new Epiphone Jumbo case (made in China). I've owned the guitar for ~42.5 years, purchasing it from my brother in ~1974 or 1975. It would be hard to find one if these in better condition, much less with vintage PAF gold Grover tuners! The tuners alone are worth $250-$350.

Price:$1050 includes shipping in ConUS

Attached Files: