1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale 1973 Fender Jazz Bass EMG East Preamp (Original Pickups & OHSC Incl)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 70sJazz, Apr 16, 2018 at 6:44 PM.

1. 70sJazz

70sJazz Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Price:
    Strings:
    All original except the control cavity was routed slightly larger to fit 9V battery for preamp. With the EMG JV Set and John East preamp, this bass has a HOT output! You can switch the active pad on your amp, or trim the preamp gain to your liking of course. Full range sound, combing the best of vintage & modern worlds. Killer slap tone, low action up and down the fingerboard. The sound of this bass really stands out.

Classic D shaped neck which has that satisfying, slightly chunky and substantial feel to it, like most of the other early 70's jazz basses. Sturdy straight neck that's just the right thickness, not one of those touchy toothpick necks that tend to bend & shift. Plays like a dream, was plekked about 2 years ago by Phil Jacoby in Baltimore, MD. So this Hot-Rod is ready to GO. Nice mid weight at 9.2lbs with it's alder body. The original pickups, pots control plate & knobs are included (see pics), but in my opinion sounds much better with the EMG's. Pickup covers & OHSC.

These early 70's jazz basses are getting harder to find as time goes on and you'd be hard pressed to find one in mint condition as this one is. The finish still has a nice glossiness to it after all these years. I'm selling because I have a few vintage jazz basses and while they're all nice and it's hard to choose just one, I'm trying to keep it simple & be less of a collector nowadays. ;) $50 shipping within contiguous USA, $150 everywhere else. Local pickup is an option.

Attached Files:

lesclaypoolsob likes this.