1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1973 Fender Musicmaster

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sonicblue62, Oct 9, 2020.

1. sonicblue62

sonicblue62 Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Price:
    $1100
    Strings:
    United States
    Killer bass here, with all the thump, mojo, and playability your short-scale-lovin' heart could desire. This was set up and fully serviced by Eric Daw Custom Guitars. Eric was the resident luthier/ repair guy for years at Emerald City guitars in Seattle, where he was the tech of choice for ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons, among others. In any case, the bass plays great and weighs in at a comfy 7 lbs 6 oz. I have played a few vintage Mustang basses and this compares favorably with them tone-wise; the original, worn daphne blue finish completes the Justin Meldal-Johnson vibe nicely. I will ship well-packed in a pretty beat-up Fender-type case.
    Asking $1100 OBO shipped to lower 48. I will also consider full or partial trades for the right G&L L-1000 or L-2000, or maybe a MM Sterling HH. Kind of partial to Fender-y colors (fiesta red sonic blue etc.), But feel free to run anything by me. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

neo 7, mikewalker and d00dr like this.
  2. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Tallahassee
    is the pickup replaced? only ask because mine looks more like a strat pickup with the polls and such

3. sonicblue62

Nov 9, 2009
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    I believe it is original, or at least it looks to be so based on other Musicmaster basses I have seen. I have heard (but haven't verified with any experts) that the pickup is the same one used in Strats from that era? Who knows...

4. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Pickup looks completely original... This is a killer specimen. If I wasn't done buying basses, it would be on its way to me right now!! GLWTS!!

-robert

sonicblue62 likes this.
  5. neo 7

neo 7 The bass player doesn't get a sandwich

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    Same here. If I didn't already own two sick af Musicmasters this daphne blue beauty would be mine.

rllefebv and sonicblue62 like this.
  6. sonicblue62

Nov 9, 2009
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Thanks for the comments, gentlemen! I haven't quite figured out how to frequent TB and be "done buying basses". :)

neo 7 likes this.
  7. sonicblue62

Nov 9, 2009
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Just put on a fresh set of LaBella flats. Sounds killer!

Spaceman Ian likes this.
  8. sonicblue62

Nov 9, 2009
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Pending sale on eBay

9. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    It can be EXTREMELY difficult when a nice bass such as this comes up!! :D

Hope the eBay sale goes smoothly!

-robert

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021