1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1973 Fender Precision Bass with OHC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by NYCBass, Jan 8, 2017.

1. NYCBass

NYCBass Gold Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2006
    Queens NY
    Price:
    Strings:
    I got this in a trade about a year ago and sadly have to let it go. Why? I need cash! When I got The Bass it had the original frets that were very low and flat. It worked but had to play it with a liter touch past the 12th fret. So I got it a fret job from John at Murphy's Music and the Bass came fully back to life. The stock pickups have been replaced by the previous owner with a set of Seymour Duncan's but it comes with the original set of pickups. There is a plastic bag that has the pickup cover and the thumb rest but I don't know if they are the original parts to the Bass. The original bridge is on the Bass under the cover. The Truss Rod works perfectly along with all the adjustable parts on the bridge. It has a newish set of DR Sunbeams 45 to 105.
    The nut is 1 5/8 and the Bass is 7.6 pounds by my bathroom scale. The Case is in pretty good shape for it's age. All the latches work and the handle is on good with a bit of tape wrapped around it.

2500.00 OBO shipped in the lower 48 of these Great United States. I only ship within the low 48.

No Trades Please ! ! ! 73P-01.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    9mmMike, MCF, handofseven and 4 others like this.
  2. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    So cool drool

NYCBass likes this.
  3. brichards

brichards

Dec 2, 2007
    Would you ship to Canada?

4. NYCBass

Dec 22, 2006
    Queens NY
    I will accept reasonable offers on The Bass.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  5. NYCBass

Dec 22, 2006
    Queens NY
    I just played the Bass and it's sounding and playing great. Make an offer soon if you're thinking about it because I might just keep it.

6. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Is that normal wear or fake relic job?

7. NYCBass

Dec 22, 2006
    Queens NY
    That is 44 years of normal wear.