1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1973 Gibson EBO!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Vintage Guy, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Price:
    $700.00
    Strings:
    image. image. image. image. image. image. image. Up for sale is my 1973 Gibson EBO Bass. All original and unmolested. Lots of honest player wear. Plays and sounds fantastic. Just installed a new set of GHS medium light Infinity Steel strings that brought this old girl to life! I do not have the bridge cover. Original case still in great shape. Body has the usual finish checking,nicks,scratches,and wear on back of neck. Fretboard seems fine. Neck adjusts with no problems. A fine vintage bass at a great price. $700.00 shipped Conus. No trades!!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  2. 1960jbass

1960jbass

Mar 28, 2013
    Berwick, PA
    Not to be nitpicky, but those tuners don't look original.

3. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    Original tuners. Bass was purchased new as it is now. Same exact tuners that my 1972 EBO has!

4. Yep, those tuners look identical to the ones on my all-original 1973 EB4-L.

Beautiful bass and a solid price too!

Vintage Guy likes this.
  5. Fender2015

Fender2015 Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2013
    How muddy is sound (I have an sg and always wanted one of these)

6. Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    If you look at some of the earlier models the pickup was closer to the neck. They were very Muddy. The placement on mine and later models gives it a brighter sound. And with the current strings I have on it it SINGS!!!

Doctor Hugocat likes this.
  7. jimmyb

jimmyb An Avid Indoorsman Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Elkton, MD
    Monday Bump
    Great tb'r and a really good deal

Vintage Guy likes this.