1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

1973 Ibanez Artist Model 2615B

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mdc0920, Mar 7, 2008.

1. mdc0920

mdc0920

Mar 7, 2008
    I was given this wonderful bass guitar back in 1973 by an Ibanez product rep. I have had it and the original flight case ever since. It still has the original strings on it (yup...35 years later)...and yes they stay in tune well enough for studio work. The guitar looks pretty much like it did the day I picked it up out of the flight case. (Actually has no scratches on it or anything...no rust...nothing!) No serial number on it...but...Y03is stamped on the finger board.

The jack on the guitar is showing some real, internal wear and needs to be replaced...it is different than others since it controls the preamp ciruits, etc.

Anybody have any ideas? So far...I have not been able to locate anybody that wants to tackle this for me.

Attached Files:

2. If the bass has an active onboard preamp, you'll need a stereo jack socket.

Hope that helps.

Incredible looking instrument! The pickguard layout reminds me of a burns (seperate parts)

3. GreaserMatt

GreaserMatt

Sep 4, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Cool bass.

4. mdc0920

mdc0920

Mar 7, 2008
    I tired a stereo jack...didn't work. It seems that the little "black box" the Ibanez jack is enclosed in (inside the guitar) is a more that typical Tip-ring-sleeve. Apparently, as I understand...it cuts the power to the battery off when the guitar is not plugged in and then connects the battery to the preamp when it is plugged in. So...inside the "jack" is a termination connection.

5. Matt R.

Matt R.

Jul 18, 2007
    Huntsville AL
    That is just badass

6. The bridge looks like a 'badder' ATK. Wonder why Ibanez stopped making those after that?

7. That's how most active basses work. Plugging a TS plug in to a TRS jack closes the circuit between the ring and the sleeve, completing the circuit for the battery.

Not that it isn't possible that that bass has something totally different going on in there.

Cool looking bass by the way.