1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

1973 Northern P Bass ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Olympiaone, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Olympiaone

Olympiaone

Apr 14, 2006
    Hi! , I'm new to the forum. I used to play Pro. but went off of the road 5 years ago. I still have a part time band together & the bass player in my band has a 1973 Northern Bass. His brother bought it new around 1973 & he bought it off of him in 1983 & used it as him main bass ever since. Lately he's been thinking about selling it & getting a Fender Precission. The problem is no seems to know anything about it. There's no serial # on it . We took it apart & the only thing we could find were the #'s 703 marked in pencil under the neck. Looks like a Precission Except for the pickup isn't split, just straight across. It only has the Northern Logo with a Red Maple Leaf on the head. Does anyone have any info they can give me. Tryed to upload a picture but it said Dimension Limits are wrong to resize Pics. manually from 600x800 to 640 x 640?

Thanks, Newbie

2. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Hi, try to upload your picture here and then link to it:

www.imageshack.us

I'm really curious to see that bass.

3. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    "Northern" and "Red Maple Leaf"; sounds safe to assume it may have been a Canadian product.

Hope you can get the pics up!