SOLD 1974 Ampeg SVT with two sets of vintage preamp tubes and fresh sextet of TungSol 6550RI

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by denton57, Jun 25, 2016.

1. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    Price:
    Late 73/early 74 SVT. It's a monster! Fresh TungSol 6550's (10 hours or so), and includes two sets of preamp tubes. The original (mostly Magnavox) tubes worked great, but I came upon a set of NOS backups that I bought and stuck in just for the heck of it. I believe there are RCA, Amperex, Sylvania, and maybe a GE or two to go along with the originals. Sounds great!! I'll include every tube I have for it.

Ch1 sounds amazing...silent when not playing. Ch2 has a little static that I never had fixed. Probably a cap or something. I had it checked out about 10 mo ago, and all of the caps out of spec were replaced. Tech did say he didn't fix any that were still good.

Not sure I want to sell as it is ready to rock for the next decade or two, but my gigging days may be over. Plus I bought a Jeep and need some accessories :). This beast is just sitting in my upstairs room chillin in the AC. As pictures show, it is missing some tolex on the bottom, and it is missing a foot in the front. It has one in the center

$1725 shipped CONUS. Would love a local sale but will ship.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

funk7856 likes this.
  2. denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    Changed title to reflect SEXTET of 6550's and not QUAD

3. denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    Sold!

4. Mpacificar

Mpacificar Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Southern California
    What kind of cab were you using with it.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021